Contributions Welcome

This blog belongs to everyone interested in preserving and promoting traditional Indian wrestling. Please feel free to contribute photos, videos, links to news articles or your own blog posts. E-mail contributions to kushtiwrestling@gmail.com.

Jul 27, 2010

Wrestler Dushyant Recommended for Dhyan Chand Award

Jammu, Jul 26 : Dushyant Sharma, a wrestler of international repute from the state of Jammu and Kashmir, has been recommended for the prestigious Dhyan Chand award for his outstanding achievements in wrestling at national and international levels.
Sharma, who was extremely delighted over the recommendation of his name for the presitigious award, said the Dhyan Chand award is itself an honour for the sportspersons and it makes one feel proud for his hard work and dedication for sports.
''It is an honour for me that the committee constituted by the Government of India comprised of top brass in sports from India, have recommended my name for the prestigious award,'' the wrestler told UNI.
''I was on sky high, when I came to know about the recommendation of my name for Shri Dhyan Chand award and now, I am eagerly waiting for the day when it will be handed over to me and I will make my nation and state as well proud,'' he added.
Sharma, who is currently serving the Jammu and Kashmir Police Department as Deputy Superintendent of Police, won international bronze medal in 1993 by defeating his counterpart from Iran at world level wrestling championship.
He has also won 10 national level medals in the senior category.

No comments: